Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Honey, I think the staff is slipping..."




As Bill and I stood at the sink getting ready for bed, I asked him, "Do you have a wash cloth? I can't find any." I was extremely surprised because normally the maids have a basket of 5-7 wash cloths rolled neatly in a basket in the master bathroom at all times. I checked the basket again to see if I was imagining it being empty. No, my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. So, I just washed my face with my hands. As I was brushing my teeth, Bill walked up the bathtub steps to shut the blinds. He started to laugh when he looked in the bathtub. I knew the last person in the bathtub was William. What was Bill laughing at?

While Bill and I were getting the girls ready for bed, William decided to finish his bath early and came in dripping wet and declared he was done. Bill put on his pajamas and put him to bed. We had no reason to look for a washcloth until we were going to bed. So, Bill was laughing at his mischievous son. William obviously needed a few towels in the bathtub. We concluded that William either was conducting an experiment to see if anything white and fluffy would float or he got soap in his eyes and needed a few washcloths, hand towels and bath towels to get it out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how we miss the cute little William stories. He is always up to something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson!!! How fun to catch up with you folks. We will miss you in Chicago next week, but what an adventure you all are having. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete