Friday, September 4, 2009

The "Great Firewall of China"

The "Great Firewall of China" is truly one of the great wonders of the world. I think it is only appropriate for my first blog to address the effort I made to get it up and running against this formidable foe. I have been waging a battle: Davidson Dictum vs. The Great Firewall of China. China blocks many sites on the Internet and controls what you can view on the web. Facebook, nope. Youtube, nope. Read any blog, nope. Write a blog, nope. I am sure there are many others. When you do a Google search about half of all responses are blocked. So, I gathered my mental forces, taxed my bank account, waged tens of hours on the computer, and FINALLY broke through the Wall. I am victorious (at least for now). You can respectfully address me as Genghis Khan.

2 comments:

  1. ***COMING SOON****
    From the revolutionary author of Davidson Dictum an equally impressive IT conquest/sister blog affectionately referred to as "Genghis’s Periphrastic Garner". Stay tuned for additional details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm so glad you were able to get through, and, what a reminder to us as to the freedom we have. I think every American should live overseas for a year. Even in Europe, so many things WE take for granted are not granted. It's good to be reminded of how much we have.

    ReplyDelete